Assignment 3: “World War II through the 1970s”
Write a five to six (5-6)
page paper on the period from World War II through the 1970s.Your paper should
cover the following:
- Identify at least (2) two major historical turning points in the period
- Analyze the impact of the two (2) or more major historical turning points
selected on America’s current society, economy, politics, and culture.
- Give at least two (2) reasons that Americans in the late 1930s wanted to
stay out of the European conflict that became World War II.
- Explain the role that women played to help win World War II.
- Describe at least two (2) civil rights breakthroughs after World War II that
moved the cause of African-Americans forward.
- Describe at least two (2) ways in which the Vietnam War brought political
awareness to a new generation of young Americans.
- Describe at least two (2) programs of President Johnson’s “ Great Society”
agenda that are still with us today.
- Include at least two (2) references (sources) other than the textbook. At
least one (1) of your sources must be obtained from the collection of databases
accessible from the Learning Resources Center Web page. Generic encyclopedic
Internet resources such as Wikipedia or Answers.com will not be considered
Student note: Points one (1) and two (2) above are
separate from the rest of the assignment.The paper should follow guidelines for
clear and effectively organized writing:
- The paper is well organized, and every explanation is both complete and easy
- Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph for the paper.
- Main ideas should be addressed in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- The paper should be checked for spelling and grammatical errors.
The format of the paper is to be as follows:
- Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on
all sides, APA format.
- In addition to the five to six (5-6) pages assigned, a title page with the
title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and
the date is to be included, as well as a Reference Page.
- Sources documented using APA style for in-text citations and listed on the
References Page using APA style format.