Today World click here for more information on this paper
As man finds himself at the dawn of a new century, it is clear that there is truth in the words echoing from the past, “[h]istory is philosophy teaching by examples.”
-Thucydides, 460-404 BC
As seen in your resources, assignments, and quizzes, the patterns of events from the 20th century are already beginning to play out in the 21st century, but at an accelerated rate specifically aided by globalization, advancements (scientific, technology, and medical), and mass consumption.
If man has been gifted the teachings of the past, how then has history come to repeat itself with future generations? Have events that have played out in the past truly had an effect on the future?
- Top Element area, and evaluate the roles and responsibilities of today’s world citizen by addressing the following questions:
- · How did their elements differ from your choice?
- Were any elements a surprise? Why or why not?
- Did any of the other elements listed make you think differently about citizenship, values, or globalization? Why or why not?
- Now that you are a more informed citizen, will this new knowledge change your behavior? How and why or why not?
- How will this knowledge affect your daily life/work life?