Short essay type questions:
1. To support the applications of clinical decision support systems such as EHRs, certain requirements must be met. Discuss at least four important requirements.
2. Analyze how EHRs can help meet new needs in the fast development of medical science and technologies, especially in support of quality care for patients with chronic and complex diseases.
3. Evaluate the differences between electronic health records (EHRs) and electronic medical records (EMRs). What are the important factors that need to be considered in the design and development stages of the HIT systems?
4. Discuss the advantages and applications of patient-interactive healthcare management (P-IHM).
5. Evaluate the applications and advantages of EHRs for different departments and groups. Discuss at least four applications.