Please answer in DETAIL the following questions regarding Climate Change, The Greenhouse effect and Greenhouse Gases
1) What is the Greenhouse Effect? Is it good or bad? Explain.
2) What are Fluorocarbons? What % of Green House gases emitted are they? What human activities cause them? How can we cut back?
3) What is Nitrous Oxide? What % of Green House gases emitted is it? What human activities cause it? How can we cut back?
4) What is Methane? What % of Greenhouse gases emitted is it? What human activities cause it? How can we cut back?
5) What is Carbon Dioxide? What % of Green House gases emitted is it? What human activities cause it? How can we cut back?
6) What affects do Greenhouse gases have on: Biodiversity, species habitat, human health, the economy and society? Give some examples.
Env Law Assignment
Choose and Research any TWO Environmental Laws below. Provide DETAILED answers to the Questions Below:
- Beaches Environmental Assessment and Coastal Health (BEACH) Act
- Pollution Prevention Act
- Atomic Energy Act
- National Park Service Organic Act
- Nuclear Waste Disposal Act
- Safe Water Drinking Act
- Toxic Substances Control Act
- Energy Policy Act
- Marine Protection, Research, and Sanctuaries Act of 1972
- AB 32- California Global Climate Solutions Act of 2006
Answer the following Questions for the TWO laws you chose:
1) Describe the Bill or Law? In detail, what is it intended to do?
2) Which President/ Governor signed it into law?
3) What incident or situation caused it to become a law- Be Specific!
4) In your opinion, what impact is the law having?
5) Do you feel it has been successful? -Why or why not?
6) In your opinion, what could be done to make it better?
7) Is this Law or bill enacted in other countries? If so, where? Don’t just Google the exact name of the law you chose- do some digging. HINT: Google something like “Atomic Energy Laws enacted around the world”