Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with the interprofessional team to promote the long term health and well being of clients with long term chronic health needs.
CRITICALLY /ANALYSE : NURSE LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
NOT ALLOWED QUOTE OR QUOTATION (IN TEXT OR REFERENCE LIST) HARVARD ACADEMIC STYLE ONLY
Title: Nurse Leadership and management IN COMMUNITY SETTING
Focus on a specific patient group: TYPE 1 DIABETES where patient outcomes need to be improved.
Multi disciplinary team involved in community after patients discharge :
MDT TEAM: DISTRICT NURSE , COMMUNITY NURSE, COMMUNITY MATRON , DIABETIC SPEC NURSE , TISSUE VIABILITY NURSE, PHARMACY, GP/DOCTORS /PODIATRY /CARERS ,ETC
First and Third Person dialogue
Introduction (150-200 words) Only a brief introduction into the condition is considered relevant to answering the assignment question. There is no need to discuss Anatomy & Pathophysiology, medications etc. This assignment is asking you to focus on the management/leadership skills of a registered nurse, and how the student nurses needs to develop.
Summary (150-200 words)
Remember, this is not a case study … So the discussion should focus on the management of the patient group in a potential range of settings & not on the management of the individual.
Must include all questions given:
1) Brief definition about type 1 diabetes (150 words max.)
2) Role of the nurse Band 5 job descriptors, and knowledge, skills and attitudes needed by a Staff Nurse for this group(when look after type 1 diabetes patients ).
3) Relevant clinical research, give examples about type 1 diabetes new evidences from research
4) National standards for focus condition and the care of adults
5) NMC Standards for Pre-reg Nursing Education
6) Management and Leadership theories
7) Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with the interprofessional team to promote the long term health and well being of clients with long term chronic health needs.
8) Demonstrate effective health informative skills to plan implement and evaluate healthcare.
9) Assist in the delegation, supervision and monitoring of duties of others, in optimising the management of care and to ensure maintenance of a safe environment.