Determine which theory is more “useful” for your future nursing practice and scholarship.
use APA format. You will use your texts on Middle Range Nursing Theories and can include other scholarly articles for reference. I am including the objectives for this assignment.
Writing Assignment 2: Compare and Contrast Theories
Goal: The goal of this writing assignment is to help the student develop skills in a writing technique called “ compare and contrast” which is a basic form of scholarly writing that is fundamental to more advanced forms of scholarly writing.
Purpose: The purpose of this brief scholarly writing assignment is to (a) further develop the student’s scholarly writing skills while also (b) engaging the student in a detailed and systematic exploration of the similarities and differences between two theories of personal or professional interest. Comparisons identify the similarities and contrast two things systematically across defined parameters-for example, to propositions, uses and purposes, or clinical utility
Criteria: Criteria outline what the writer needs to demonstrate in the assignment in order to minimally fulfill it (grade C). In order to move above the C-level, writers demonstrate superiority in several or all of the individual criteria.
• Clear statement of purpose that provides insight into the paper’s topic.
• Identify two theories of professional/personal interest from identified textbooks.
• Clearly compare the two theories to one another.
• Clearly contrast the tow theories to one another.
• Provide a detailed description of how both theories relate to nursing practice and nursing research.
• Determine which theory is more “useful” for your future nursing practice and scholarship.
• Clearly state a conclusion that summarizes the main findings of the paper in relations to the paper’s purpose.
• Proper APA format with respect to title page, paginations, margins, double-spacing, citations, references, headings, etc.
• Relative freedom from errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Page length is limited to 4-5 pages, excluding the title page and references.
Tips for a Better Grade:
• Use your APA manual and strictly follow its guidelines
• Meet all the assignment criteria as spelled out in the assignment instructions.
• Use your very best thinking and writing skills.
• Rewrite, redraft, proofread, and proofread again, more carefully.
• Commit to eliminating every last typo in your final submission.
• Submit the paper by the deadline.