Write a SHORT essay of 150 words answering the following questions.
- As you think about your own personal history, how difficult has it been for you to make behavioral changes? If you were being interviewed for a job and were asked to describe an incident that demonstrates your ability to change, what you say?
- click here for more information on this paper
- Think about a recent organizational change at school, at work, or someplace else that you were part of. Would you rate it a success for failure? In either case, based on the concepts in this chapter, what do you see as the strengths and weaknesses of the change effort?
- If you were to look back on change efforts you lead or helped manage, what do you think you did well? In retrospect, what would you do differently and why?
- As you think about potential change efforts that you may have to manage in the future, what aspects of change management do you think you need to strengthen and why? What aspects do you believe will be strengths that you can leverage?
- Think of the last organizational change that affected you. Maybe your university, for example, recently changed some policy on major curriculum requirements or something similar. Were you a supporter of or resister to the change? What mistakes did the organization make? What could it have done differently to facilitate the change?
- The exact outcomes of change programs are often not evaluated, why do you think this is the case?